Thursday, January 12, 2012

The New Year Crash


Its been over 10 days since my last post, a shitty Twitter post at that. But I haven't really been in a blogging place lately.

I guess I crashed from all the excitement of the past few weeks. Moving back to Dublin, moving back again to Manchester, Christmas and New Year all took a lot out of me and the days following my epic New Years Eve celebrations seen me crash....hard. Sleeping all day and awake all night, you know how it is. The last couple of days I have had to really fight my way out of the pattern I had let myself get into. My sleeping pattern is back to normal..ish. I am not waking up at the crack of dawn but I am not waking up in the early evening either.

I have been looking for work, a lot but I know this time of year is not the best time for recruiting and I am trying to be patient but I am ready to throw myself back into employment now. I need the distraction and I also need the money. I am interviewing at a few places, none particularly desirable but they will also pay the bills. If I get them that is....

I haven't had a cigarette, drink of alcohol or pill in almost 3 days. This is HUGE for me! I am a creature of habit, bad habits and to go with out these items for any more than a few hours is a massive deal!

I have done lots of fun stuff this week though. I went to Sarah Milligan present her new show for the BBC, we were all sat in the audience. My friend Paul and his sister Khristy got us the tickets but I got us the awesome seats. One of the producers approached us and asked us did we have any scars with interesting story. I told him about the scar on my nose that I got when I was rolling around a pole in a club and hit my face, it exploded in blood, I just wiped it off and carried on dancing. I initially said no but when he approached again, I told him I would do it if he got us some decent seats. The show was good, the re-takes were a little bit tiresome and the guests were not massively famous. But it was still very enjoyable. The warm up guy, who entertained the crowd during breaks and slow bits was absolutely fucking hilarious.

Yesterday, a few of us went to a Zumba class and went to see The Iron Lady at the cinema. I enjoyed the movie, thought Meryl Street was wonderful as Thatcher but there were some scenes and moments which were unintentionally hilarious.

I am trying to stay optimistic and make sure I fall into another rut again.

I will keep you posted.