Sunday, January 22, 2012

Melancholy Man - 9 Questions



1. Are you more melancholy on occasion?

I don't believe I am more or less melancholy than most people. Especially not in the last few years. There were times when I seemed to be feeling down for a long time. I have my moments though, I get emotional, I worry about things. But generally, I seem to be happy. Despite any problems I might have.

2. What did you think you looked like when you were a teenager?


I was fat! I was! At about 16/17 years old, I weighed about 18 stone. I wasn't a very happy or well adjusted teenager and I ate those feelings away. I weigh between 13 and 14 stone now, not ideal but no where near as big as I used to be.

3. Whose advice are you least likely to listen to?


When I need practical advice I usually go to my friend Paul, he is a solicitor and he has a good head on his shoulders and he can usually put things in perspective. When I need comfort or just someone to tell me how right I am, even if I may be wrong - but I need cheering up, I go to my friend Ali or Michael. I love Michael's advice it is usually practical and hilarious at the same time.

4. Tell us about a job that you liked when you were younger.


The best job I ever had was working at McDonald's. A lot of people rag on the whole McJob thing but most people who work or have worked there will say the same thing. They are awesome places to work. I started working there when I was 16, I worked in the evenings and weekends. I had so much fun and I made so many new friends. This was when the weight started to fall off. I worked there for about 3 years and when I left I was a shift manager. The only reason I left was due to the fact I was moved to another restaurant that was not ran very well, did not have the same atmosphere or sense camaraderie. It was the staff versus the management team and morale was so low. I sometimes think it would be fun to go back.....

5. Would you lie to someone if you knew the truth would end your friendship or relationship?

Yes, I probably would. It would all depend on what it was I knew. I can't think of any examples because I haven't really been in that situation.

6. What do you have little or no patience for?

I have patience for most things but I suppose, people who lie or make up situations or circumstances which make them seem more exciting. You know the ridiculous type of stories which make no sense and seem to happen to them all the time.

I have known people who seem to have been mugged, raped, not paid correctly from work when money is owed, not been paid at all. Have met countless celebrities and seemed to have the craziest adventures, without a single photo or scrap of evidence.

7. What is there never enough hours in the day to do?

There is enough hours in the day to everything. I am not working at the minute so for me, it seems like there are too many hours in the day to keep myself occupied.

8. What is the most productive thing that you accomplished in October?

Ermmm, I had an awesome Halloween party? does that count?

9. What have you always wanted to learn but haven't yet?

To play the guitar. I will do it, I will.....